Bars in Serre Chevalier
These are bars we like, starting at the top end of the valley and working down to Briançon:
Serre Chevalier 1500 – Monêtier Les Bains
- Bar Alpen – I’m not sure if this is open
Serre Chevalier 1400 – Villeneuve
- La Grotte – ‘The Grotte’ has been previously owned by a Dutch company ‘Sportura’, but is now in the hands of the infamous Boro. The Grotte is now the main bar in Serre Chevalier for Live Music and real party atmosphere, it really is the biggest and the best. Free WiFi internet access.
- Le Frog – a well run bar with WiFi internet access.
- Mojo – 31 Rue de la Guisane, La Salle les Alps, Villeneuve Tel: 04 92 24 83 93 Opening hours: Sun-Fri: 4pm-1am. Sat: noon-1am.
Great place for a drink by the River Guisane and facing the pistes of Villeneuve. Cozy bar with warm atmosphere and probably the most experienced barman in the valley. If it’s a cocktail you want just ask Tim to shake you something up. Not one but two happy hours the first 4-6pm, with a pint at Eur4 and a glass of wine at Eur2 and 2 for 1 cocktails. Happy hour two runs 11-midnight with 2 for 1 cocktails, mixed by an expert.
Snacks are served 4-10.30pm and should you feel in need of a meal the restaurant does excellent food (see review in that section).
Serre Chevalier 1350 – Chantemerle
- Hotel Le Plein Sud – a hotel but has a public bar that can be good fun
- The Station – Best value for money food in Serre Chevalier, English run with live music, happy hours, free shots and general mayhem
Serre Chevalier 1200 – Briançon
- Le Central – a tiny bar with a great atmosphere.
If any body would like to submit more to this page, please feel free to get in touch with us and we’ll add your favourite pubs here.